BENEFITING: CHICAGO AREA RUNNERS ASSOC
ORGANIZER: CHICAGO AREA RUNNERS ASSOC
EVENT DATE: Nov 04, 2012
Hi Friends and Family,
I am running the New York City Marathon on November 4, 2012 to raise money for CARA Road Scholars program.
Being the daughter of two dedicated educators, helping our youth is a cause that I hold near and dear to my heart. CARA Road Scholars is an innovative approach to inspiring excellence in Chicago's youth. This intervention program challenges teens to train for and complete a 13.1 mile, half marathon. Road Scholars uses running to teach at risk youth important lessons in commitment, dedication, and discipline, while improving self-esteem and worth.
• Your $25 donation covers the cost of a student's 5K race entry fee
• Your $70 donation covers the cost of a student's half marathon race entry fee
• Your $100 donation covers the cost of a student's running shoes and race day uniform
• Your $300 donation covers the cost of a student's running shoes, race day uniform, race entry fees and transportation to trainng runs
• Your $500 donation covers the cost of a student's running shoes, race day uniform, race entry fees, transportation, post-run refreshments and post-race party
It is my hope to raise $3,000 for CARA Road Scholars through the donations of my friends, family, and business associates. Your encouragement will give me the support I will need to complete a 26.2 mile marathon and your contribution will help CARA continue to grow the program.
Thanks so much for your support,