THE EDGE FOUNDATION via Crowdrise
April 13, 2012
BENEFITING: THE EDGE FOUNDATION
EVENT DATE: Oct 07, 2012
The Edge Foundation is a nonprofit that provides specialized ADHD coaching for students and adults. The mission of Edge is to help all students with ADHD and executive functioning challenges maximize their potential.
Team Edge was developed by Neil Peterson, Edge's CEO and Robert Tudisco, Edge's Executive Director. Both are adults with ADHD who rely on exercise as part of a multi-modal approach to manage their ADHD. There is much research showing the link between exercise and brain function and specifically ADHD. The idea behind Team Edge was to develop a a community for those whose lives are touched by ADHD to raise awareness about Edge's mission, ADHD coaching, and to raise money to provide coaching for those who could not otherwise afford it. We encourage you to support Team Edge and make a difference in the life of a student with ADHD.
The Edge Foundation works to change the odds of ADHD student success by:
- Training life and organizational coaches to work with ADHD students to ensure they are prepared to effectively work with and understand ADHD and co-occurring conditions
- Conducting sound scientific research to document the beneficial impact of coaching on the functioning of students with ADHD
- Providing critical information to parents, students, educational institutions and policy makers about the ADHD coaching and its positive effects
- Raising awareness of the challenges facing students with ADHD in order to increase diagnosis and opportunities for appropriate treatments in this group.
- Offering scholarships to ensure Edge coaching is available to all students regardless of financial means.
For more information about the Edge Foundation, go to www.edgefoundation.org.