BENEFITING: TEJAS FAMILY GUIDANCE CENTER
Tejas Family Guidance Center is a small & very valuable nonprofit mental health agency in Austin, Texas offering affordable, reduced cost services to children and their families as well as a training center for masters and doctoral level students from the University of Texas, St. Edward’s University & Texas State.
Since 2010, Tejas has helped over 600 children and families receive quality mental health services. When children, adolescents, and even young adults are struggling, it is rarely, if ever, in solitude. As human beings, we are creatures of connection: connected to our loved ones, friends, teachers, schools, and, ultimately, our community as a whole. By working with children, adolescents, and young adults in the context of their families and other systems, Tejas speeds the therapeutic process by creating systemic change. Tejas provides not only the child, adolescent, or young adult with the coping skills they need but also helps parents and caregivers to develop the skills necessary to support the young person in their development so that therapeutic gains are not lost.
Tejas works with many issues. Here is list of what is most common to our clients:
- Behavior Management
- Learning Disorders
- Parent Support & Guidance
Thanks to generous supporters like you, Tejas continues to grow! Your contribution, of any amount, will help Tejas continue to provide psychotherapy and neuropsychological evaluations to children and their families regardless of their income level. Getting children and families the help they need today means a brighter and better future for children, adolescents, young adults, and their families! Please support us today.
Great work is being done at Tejas, and we want to take this opportunity to ask for your support. Through generosity of our donors, Tejas has been able to accomplish the following:
- Serve over 600 individuals since its inception in 2010 & remove the income barrier for mental health services
- Provide training in child and family mental health services to over 30 clinicians from the University of Texas, St. Edward’s University and Texas State doctoral and masters level programs
- Expand its office from 200 SF to 2500 SF providing more space for individual and group therapy sessions as well as for assessments and evaluations
- Increase its number of clinicians from 3 to 10
- Purchase over $4,000 in testing instruments for Autism alone
- Provide 30% of our families with free or very reduced cost evaluation
- Expand services for low income families
- Provide two groups for children with Autism specifically focused on emotional regulation, social interaction, and impulse control
We are so grateful to our Donors – together we are making a difference in the lives of so many! We hope you will support our mission and help Tejas to accomplish its vision.
Please visit our website at www.tejasfamilyguidancecenter.org for more information, or you may give us a call at 512.981.8787.
Our mission statement:
The mission of Tejas Family Guidance Center is to improve the mental health of families with children of all ages through preventative methods, diagnosis, and treatment to help advance the cognitive, behavioral, and emotional skills necessary for success in managing their lives. Our vision is to ensure Tejas Family Guidance Center meets the mental health needs of children, young adults, individuals, and family members; to serve those who need us most regardless of income; and to continue to be a valuable training site for parents, students, and mental health professionals who seek to work with children.