I think the rainforest is very important to preserve. One of the most beautiful rain forests in the world is in Costa Rica and is called the Children's Eternal Rainforest. Please help me make a difference and give today.
The money that you donate is going to Friends of the Children's Eternal Rainforest (aka Monteverde Conservation League) which is in Ballwin, MO. Have fun learning about the rainforest!
Look at what calls the rainforest home:
- 154 species of amphibians and reptiles
- 121 species of mammals
- 3,000 different plant species (800 species of trees and 500 orchid species)
- 1,000,000 species of insects
Here is what Friends of the Children's Eternal Rainforest has done:
- Nearly a thousand acres of land have been purchased
- Protection against poaching, habitat destruction, commercial development, and trophy hunting
- Educating people about the need to protect rainforests
- Bringing eco travelers to the rainforests to see its beauty