BENEFITING: CHILDRENS MERCY HOSPITAL
Located in Kansas City, Children’s Mercy is consistently recognized as one of the top children’s hospitals in the nation. With 354 beds and more than 40 pediatric specialties, Children’s Mercy is transforming kids’ lives and redefining pediatric medicine.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Children’s Mercy provides comprehensive, world-class care to EVERY child who walks through our doors, regardless of a family’s ability to pay.
- The care we provide exceeds medical treatment alone. Our talented, caring team uses a family-centered care approach to meet the emotional and psychosocial needs of our patients, as well as their clinical needs.
- We have one of the busiest Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICU) in the country and are the region’s only Level IV NICU.
- Our neonatal and pediatric critical care transport team (ambulance, helicopter and airplane) is among the top three busiest in the nation and has won multiple national awards.
- Our Center for Pediatric Genomic Medicine was the first-ever genome center inside a children’s hospital. We developed and now provide the fastest whole-genome analysis in the world, the STAT-Seq, which decodes a newborn’s
genome in less than 50 hours and was named one of TIME Magazine’s Top 10 Medical Breakthroughs.
HOW YOUR SUPPORT HELPS:
$10 – Provides a creative outlet to patients. Your gift will help purchase journals, coloring books and art supplies that give kids at Children’s Mercy an opportunity to express themselves. Art therapy can be an important part of the healing process.
$25 – Provides musical toys for infants. Exposure to music in the hospital setting helps children and infants relax and gives them a sense of comfort during their time at Children’s Mercy.
$50 – Provides parents gas cards and food vouchers. By providing for our guests the most basic needs, we give parents
and families the opportunity to focus on what matters most – the health of their loved one.
$100 – Allows Children’s Mercy to provide Parent Room programming – support groups for parents dealing with their child’s specific diagnoses, warm meals prepared by corporate and community groups, and respite from the hustle and bustle of a busy inpatient floor are just a few of the resources available to parents through Parent Rooms.