Billie Robinson via Crowdrise
January 17, 2013
BENEFITING: Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation
ORGANIZER: Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation
Mileage Tracker: 13
I am making my miles matter by fundraising for The Pennies from Heaven Fund at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh.
The Pennies from Heaven helps to ease financial hardships for parents so that they can stay with their children in the hospital. Whether it’s assistance with transportation, food, sibling care, or other expenses, the Pennies from Heaven fund was established to keep families together when they need it most.
Thank you for making a donation, no matter how big or small, to support my efforts. Together we are making a difference in the lives of children and their families. Thank you SO much for any donation! XOXO.
Letter from a Grateful Mother
My 18-month-daughter suffered a terrible accident in July and spent six weeks in Children's Hospital PICU. Pennies from Heaven stepped in and assisted our family so that we were able to focus on our daughter. During our time at Children's, I came across so many families that were also thrust into horrible situations with their children and most don't realize the financial burden that is put upon families when their children are in the hospital for an extended period. This is a wonderful foundation and I was so blessed to have them help us.
Last year I (WE) raised $800! Let's do it again!
Children's Hospital Wrote:
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation of UPMC is proud to be an Official Charity in the Dick’s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon.
By joining the Run for Children's Team, you are helping support outstanding clinical services, research programs and medical education that has helped establish the standards of excellence in pediatric care. From Ambulatory Care to Transplantation and Cardiac Care, talented and committed pediatric experts care for infants, children and adolescents who make more than 1,000,000 visits to Children’s, its many neighborhood locations, and Children's Community Pediatrics practices each year. Join the ‘Run for Children’s’ Marathon team and help us raise funds by registering for the Full Marathon, Half Marathon, 2-5 person Relay, 5K, or Kids Marathon.
To join the ‘Run for Children’s’ Marathon team:
1. Click the “register” button on the right of this page.
2. Register to run for ‘Team Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation Marathon.’
3. Once registered, you will have the opportunity to create a fundraising page linked to the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation Marathon page. Add information about yourself, why, your running, photos, and more.
4. Forward your link to family and friends, encouraging them to donate toward your goal. All donations made toward your goal will be displayed on your fundraising page.
To make a donation:
1. Click the “donate” button to the right and make a secure donation to the Team Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation.
2. Select a fundraising page below and make a secure donation toward one of our runners.
Minimum Fundraising Requirements:
Full Marathon Minimum - $550
Half Marathon Minimum - $350
Relay Team Minimum - $1,000
5K Minimum - $250
Kids Marathon Minimum - $75
Minimum Fundraising Incentives:
-Free bib entry
-Official ‘Run for Children’s’ Marathon Training Tee
-Membership to Steel City Running Club
- A tour of the state-of-the-art facility, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
Think you can do more? Challenge yourself by raising above and beyond your minimum and receive a race day tee, runner swag bag and more!
Full Marathon Minimum - $700 or more
Half Marathon Minimum - $500 or more
Relay Team Minimum - $1,500 or more
5K Minimum - $350 or more
Kids Marathon Minimum - $125 or more
If you have any questions about registering or joining the ‘Run for Children’s’ marathon team please contact Kayla Doratio by phone 412-692-3941 or email Kayla.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you so much for the support!