BENEFITING: Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation
ORGANIZER: Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation
Why I'm running:
There really isn't a speific reason why I'm running a marathon other than the fact that it's on my bucket list and I want to be able to say that I can run 26.2 miles. The longest race I've ever done before was a 5k (3.1 miles), so this will be interesting...and probably pure torture. I'm training hard though, so we'll see!
But, I'm raising money for the Children's Hospital because I was always a healthy kid and I can't even imagine what some of these children and their families have to go through. So what better way to be thankful and grateful for my healthy childhood than to give back and make sure that kids who aren't as fortunate as I was get the best care possible! I've started off the fundraising with donating $25 myself. Even if you can only afford to give $1 I would be forever grateful and I know the kids benefiting from your donation would be too! Feel free to share this page with your family and friends! Thank you so much!
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation wrote -
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation of UPMC is proud to be an Official Charity in the Dick’s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon.
By joining the Run for Children's Team, you are helping support outstanding clinical services, research programs and medical education that has helped establish the standards of excellence in pediatric care. From Ambulatory Care to Transplantation and Cardiac Care, talented and committed pediatric experts care for infants, children and adolescents who make more than 1,000,000 visits to Children’s, its many neighborhood locations, and Children's Community Pediatrics practices each year. Join the ‘Run for Children’s’ Marathon team and help us raise funds by registering for the Full Marathon, Half Marathon, 2-5 person Relay, 5K, or Kids Marathon.
To join the ‘Run for Children’s’ Marathon team:
1. Click the “register” button on the right of this page.
2. Register to run for ‘Team Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation Marathon.’
3. Once registered, you will have the opportunity to create a fundraising page linked to the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation Marathon page. Add information about yourself, why, your running, photos, and more.
4. Forward your link to family and friends, encouraging them to donate toward your goal. All donations made toward your goal will be displayed on your fundraising page.
To make a donation:
1. Click the “donate” button to the right and make a secure donation to the Team Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation.
2. Select a fundraising page below and make a secure donation toward one of our runners.
Thank you so much for the support!