BENEFITING: Childrens Hospital of Michigan Foundation
ORGANIZER: Childrens Hospital of Michigan Foundation
As I have trained to be able to run half marathons, I have dreamed about running the race near where I live that spans an international border.
I'm running the Detroit Free Press International Half Marathon to help support a cause very important to my family and me - the Children's Hospital of Michigan Foundation. My goal is to raise a minimum of $1,310 - $100 for every mile I will be running.
The money will go toward research, community programs and medical education. The research and education done in partnership with Children's Hospital of Michigan in Detroit has the strong potential to benefit children wherever you live. Please join me in reaching my goal by choosing to "donate" to few miles, a mile or portion of a mile. Every dollar helps kids in Michigan, the Midwest, around the country and around the world.
Here are examples of how your support can make a difference in the lives of children.
- Mile 1- For the community educator who teaches new parents safe sleeping habits for newborns.
- Mile 2- For the two year old in the pediatric clinic who wants to take one of the books in the waiting room home because she doesn’t have any.
- Mile 3- For the mother who needs a car seat to safely transport the most precious cargo of all, her toddler.
- Mile 4- For the four year old girl who is hoping that this year she can celebrate her upcoming birthday cancer-free.
- Mile 5- For the five year old with a life limiting illness who wants to spend a day with his family dressed up as a superhero alongside his favorite princesses and superhero characters.
- Miles 6- For the Detroit parent concerned about the safety of the water fountains at their first grader’s school.
- Mile 7- For the family of seven who doesn’t have a working smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detector in their home.
- Mile 8- For the eight year old newly legal immigrant who needs vaccinations so that he can enroll in school.
- Mile 9- For the parent of an overweight nine year old who is seeking community resources to help with a healthier lifestyle.
- Mile 10- For the ten year old with sickle cell disease who needs extra tutoring and mentoring so she doesn’t fall behind in her school work.
- Mile 11- For the eleven year old boy who wants to attend summer camp, but hasn’t been able to due to his medical challenges.
- Mile 12- For the twelve year old girl undergoing dialysis who is seeking a creative way to express her feelings and emotions.
- Mile 13- So that all Michigan children can have more days to play, nights to dream and time to just be kids.
Thank you for your support,