Skip to content

Middlesex Charity Basketball Tournament 2017

Organized by: Derek DeAntonis

Derek's Photo
Derek's Photo
Derek's Photo

EVENT DATE Apr 22, 2017

THE STORY:

Welcome back everyone!

We are excited to announce that the second annual Middlesex Charity Basketball Tournament will be back on April 22, 2017 at the Burlington High School in Burlington, MA! Tip off is at 9 AM.

This will be a 10 team, 5 vs 5, double elimination tournament. The concept of the tournament is for each team to choose a charity they are passionate about and would like to raise money for. This can be a large, nationally recognized charity, or a small foundation for a family member or friend in need. 

HOW DO I RAISE MONEY FOR MY CHARITY?

1. There is an entry fee per player of $75, and each player will receive a jersey in return. 25% of this entry fee will automatically go to the charity that player's team is representing. Therefore, every charity will receive some donation as a result of the tournament. The remaining 75% goes towards the big pot that the winning charity receives, as well as to pay expenses incurred to run the tournament.

2. The winning team's charity receives the grand prize. The way to raise the most amount of money is definitely to win the tournament, as the total donation to Cystinosis Research Foundation, the winning team's charity in 2015, was just under $4K! This money comes from the remaining 75% of player entry fees, money generated on tournament day as well as money donated by sponsors, offset by all tournament expenses.

3. Each team is also encouraged to raise money for their own charity through the donations of family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, etc., as 100% of these donations go towards that team's charity. Therefore, if you are playing for Make-A-Wish Foundation and your coworker wants to support your team, 100% of their donation will go to Make-A-Wish, regardless of how your team performs in the tournament.

There will be concessions, raffle prizes, a silent auction, music, and more for the enjoyment of all spectators. Bring your family and friends!

$0

MONEY RAISED
  •  
  •  
  •  
Organized by

Derek DeAntonis

This is a direct to organizer fundraiser.

Fundraise for this Campaign

The Team: $0 TOTAL RAISED SO FAR

JOIN THE TEAM
Fundraiser Title

Derek DeAntonis

Amount Raised

$0

 

0% Raised of $15,000 Goal

Donor Comments

Derek is still setting up this fundraiser so please check back so you can support Middlesex Charity Basketball Tournament 2017.

Report this page — Let Us Know if you think this page is breaking the law or the CrowdRise Terms