BENEFITING: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
EVENT DATE: Oct 08, 2017
In honor of my son, Oscar Moran, I am running to raise awareness and support for the Organization for Autism Research (OAR), an official charity of the 2017 Chicago Marathon. Your donation will help support OAR’s mission to fund research and resources that help people with autism and their families today. OAR shares many of the same goals as other parent-led autism organization. What’s most distinct about OAR is its singular focus on applied research, i.e. studies that will help provide tangible and practical benefits to the autism community and OAR’s emphasis on providing useful, timely, “family friendly” feedback through its Autism Information Program.
My family has been on this journey with Autism since Oscar was three years old. As he transitions into adulthood, I am once again reminded of the importance of organizations like the Organization for Autism Research (OAR).
THE IMPACT YOU HELP OAR MAKE:
- $10 provides a Curriculum in a Box professional development set to general education teachers.
- $25 provides 15 copies of A Guide to Safety to families and first responders.
- $100 provides the Kit for Kids peer education resource to an entire elementary or middle school.
- $150 provides 100 copies of a Life Journey through Autism guidebook sent to a community support group or military installation.
- $1,000 provides a research grant for a graduate student studying autism.
- $3,000 provides a scholarship for a student with autism to attend college.
- $30,000 fully underwrites an applied research pilot study.