CHS Class of 2006 Memorial Scholarship
Organized by: CHS Class of 2006
You've Raised 1 Full Scholarship!
March 28, 2016
Central High School is located in Burlington, Illinois - a rural Northern Illinois community a 1.25 hours northwest of Chicago. The CHS Class of 2006 Memorial Scholarship celebrates the collective values of the 2006 CHS graduating class: Community, Tolerance, Fun-Loving, and Respect. The scholarship is funded by members of the 2006 graduating class, their families, and other organizations and individuals that wish to honor these classmates and educators.
This scholarship is funded by members of the 2006 graduating class, their families, and other organizations and individuals that wish to honor these classmates and educators - without local support this effort could not be possible. The intent of the scholarship committee is to offer the CHS Class of 2006 Memorial Scholarship annually to at least 2 CHS graduating seniors offering at least $500 each - however, all of this hinges on donor support. To continue this admirable effort and to honor these individuals please consider supporting this cause. It is the hope of the scholarship committee to raise enough so that this scholarship can eventually grow into an endowment, to benefit CHS graduates, and honors those lost, for many years to come.
The Scholarship Application
The application review committee seeks to award scholarships to students of Central High School (1 male and 1 female) who are performing well academically, demonstrate the values of the CHS class of 2006, and who plan to intend to attend an accredited community/technical college, college, or university for the Fall 2016 academic term. The scholarship is a one-time grant given to the graduate in the graduate’s name. The exact amount of the scholarship shall be determined each year by the scholarship review committee or by such other individuals or entities as they might designate, nevertheless the scholarship review committee intends to award at least 2 scholarships of at least $500 each. Only CHS graduating seniors are eligible for this award.
- All applications must be submitted before May 1, 2016.
- Scholarship recipients will be announced at the CHS Awards Night on Tuesday, May 24th, 2016.
- Only completed applications will be considered.
- Application and assisting materials (high school transcript, letter of recommendation, etc.) must be submitted online through the scholarship application website.
- The scholarship review committee understands that they may be reviewing applications of family members or friends, as this is a community-based scholarship, however no preference will be given on behalf of these relationships, only the merit of the application itself.
- For any questions regarding the application or scholarship, please email CHS.2006.Scholarship@gmail.com.