BENEFITING: CHRISTMAS IN THE CITY INC
ORGANIZER: CHRISTMAS IN THE CITY INC
EVENT: Boston Marathon 2014
I am honored to be part of the Christmas in the City Boston Marathon team and am committed to raise funds to support CITC’s efforts to help families in the Boston area. Here’s the What, Why and How:
What is Christmas in the City?
Christmas in the City is a 100% volunteer non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that supports and mentors Boston’s homeless population.
The first CITC event in 1989 brought 165 children and their parents from various shelters throughout Boston to City Hall. Santa handed out individual gifts to each child from their personal wish list submitted to CITC. The families enjoyed festive entertainment and a hot meal.
Since then the program has experienced spectacular growth. In 2013, CITC hosted over 4,000 children. The event now includes, games and rides for the families, musical entertainment (including special appearances from celebrities), hairstylists for moms, great food, and much more.
In addition to providing the annual Christmas event for children and their families, Christmas in the City has programs year-round. CITC hosts a Thanksgiving food drive, an Adopt-a-Family program to help families transition from a shelter to living on their own, and a financial aid/employment program to help families become more self-sufficient.
For more about CITC:
Why am I doing this?
- To help support a great organization.
- To run with (although somewhat slower than) good friends who ran Boston last year and were affected by the tragic events.
- To accomplish my personal goal of completing a marathon.
- To set an example for my sons about the importance of helping others and committing to a goal.
Why should you support me and CITC?
- Because I thought we were friends
- CITC helps change the trajectory of lives by giving hope, a sense of dignity, guidance and support to families in need. But they can only do this with the support of generious individuals like you.
How to donate.
1. Simply hit the Donate button on this page and you’ll be done in 2 minutes.
2. If you prefer sending a check or paying some other way, please email me at email@example.com
I’ll gladly help out.