Citizee - Turning the Tide on Campus Sexual Assaults
Organized by: Will Christison
Citizee Turning the Tide on Campus Sexual Assaults
The development of an Application Distribution Platform will provide campus safety and security by re-purposing the mobile phone to provide students with situational awareness and incident reporting.
1 in 5 college females will be sexually assaulted during their time in college. Due to personal, social and institutional constraints, 7 in 10 victims will not report having been sexually assaulted!
Current campus reporting systems present a constraint to information throughput. Mobile technology provides a profound advantage in the elimination of this internal constraint.
The Application Distribution Platform features are endorsed through evidence-based research. Innovative technology serves students with situational awareness of what’s happening in the vicinity. A unique user-experience united with the mobile phone’s ubiquity and accessibility will ease users into policing themselves.
Product Development [Current]
The 481 hr. build-time, under Agile development principles, has produced a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) for limited deployment. The feature model, includes;
- Student number log-in / Closed, secure system.
- Campus crime and sexual incident reporting. Anonymity optional.
- Mapping of reported incidents. Real-time updating.
- Social media aggregation/Data visualization
- What’s Trending.
- Sexual assault victim reporting support / Cultural avatar.
- Affirmative Consent legislative provision.
- Video learning interface. Self-defense training (Bystander Intervention providers are under review).
- 911 Emergency notification
Product Development [Future]
Data-driven focus groups will be convened and conducted on campuses throughout the NE, Midwest, West and Southern regions. Pilot tests will be conducted at those campuses selected as “early-adopters” sites.
Due to reduced resources, absent charity, further product development is threaten-by-extinction.
Awarded to donor clusters distinguished by their density-of-contributors. Colleges selected for Focus groups and Pilot test sites will be from within each of the awarded areas.
Goal - $100,000