JUST FOOD INC wrote -
Just Food’s City Chicken Project provides training, coops and hens to community and school gardens so they can raise healthy chickens and produce fresh, delicious eggs. Just Food teaches community members about chicken care, builds all-weather, predator-proof chicken coops, and helps gardens get set up with their first flocks of laying hens. City Chicken projects increase access to local, healthy food in underserved neighborhoods.
How does your donation help?
- $15 - one laying hen (most coops begin with a flock of 6-12 chickens)
- $50 – one galvanized waterer or feeder
- $200 - one workshop on chicken care
- $1000 - one community build day with a volunteer supervisor and an expert coop carpenter (most chicken coops take at least two days to build and require more than one person to supervise)
- $1500 – All the lumber, nails, roofing, chicken wire, and other building materials required to build a single coop
All donations of $25 and above will receive admission to Kegs & Kluckers on Monday, July 14th from 7:30 to 10:30pm at Brooklyn Brewery. Kegs & Kluckers is a fun-filled event dedicated to urban chicken keepers, home-brewers, and the people who love them. Hosted in partnership with Brewnity and Good Beer Month, Kegs & Kluckers will include home-brewed beers, delicious local fare, Egg Olympic Games, raffles, and a Deviled Egg Competition (enter the contest here).