City Kids Wilderness Project is excited to participate in #GivingTuesday! Get involved by making a donation today, help us spread the word, or inquire about volunteering. Your involvement can have a tremendous impact.
- $5: Provides program materials for one afterschoool lesson or summer camp activity.
- $11: Represents the average age of youth when they enter the program.
- $22: Pays for a camping site fee for a backcountry site (Shenandoah, Yellowstone, Grand Teton National Park!)
- $30: Pays for a biking or rock climbing day trip adventure for one youth (rental fees, gear, transportation and a meal)
- $50: Pays for printed curriculum and program supplies for one youth for our job experience training program.
- $130: Represents the number of youth that City Kids supports annually.
Your involvement will make our extraordinary outdoor adventure, leadership development, and year round enrichment programming for under-resourced youth possible. Thank you!
About City Kids:
City Kids operates school year and summer programs for 130 under-resourced DC youth, enrolling new youth in the sixth grade and providing program support through middle school and high school. Our program is based around three core principles: long-term youth engagement, experiential education programming with a focus on overcoming challenges, and goal setting with a focus on future planning. Our goals include that our youth graduate from high school or earn their GED, that they enroll in a postsecondary education program or obtain a job, and that they are involved and connected members of their community.
City Kids Office Address:
2437 15th Street NW
Washington, DC 20009
City Kids Phone Number: