BENEFITING: CITY LIGHTS PERFORMANCE GROUP OF SAN JOSE INC
EVENT DATE: Mar 18, 2013
Will you help sponsor downtown San Jose's City Lights Theater 30th Anniversary production of Rocky Horror Show?
- Rocky Horror was the first show I ever saw at City Lights and since then, I've attended shows, been on the Theater Board, helped support fund raisers and generally supported the downtown San Jose scene. The work they do is incredibly important to keep theater alive.
- City Lights continues to run in the black on a shoe string budget and things are tight. So.... I offered to sit in a bar (close to my house) after the Board meeting on Thursday and dial for dollars. But you know... Technology makes these things so much easier. SO I'm asking now for your donation to City Lights Theater to sponsor an upcoming production of Rocky Horror.
- What's in it for you?
1. You get me out of the bar faster and avoid a drunken dial if you donate online before the event.
2. Anyone who gives over $100 towards the cause will be invited to my house for a pre-Rocky Horror dinner party. I'll be cooking and pouring as we celebrate the success of another year of City Lights theater.
3. Anyone who gives over $300 towards the City Lights theater cause gets me cooking dinner at YOUR house (menu, who buys the supplies, etc to be agreed on together). How about a nice fondue, some lovely red wine, and an amazing chocolate souffle? Or those gougeres everyone loves? Hummus? Let's talk about it.
So get out the wallet friends and family, and give generously. It's City Lights Theater
Innovative. Provocative. Uncompromising.
City Lights’ Mission Statement
City Lights Theater Company creates provocative live productions that engage, inspire, and challenge audiences and artists alike through innovative concepts, intimate staging, and uncompromising storytelling.
City Lights Theater Company (a non-profit organization) produces a season of 6 plays per year in the Company’s intimate 100-seat venue, and is committed to presenting exhilarating, thought-provoking plays that speak strongly to our audiences.The Company actively develops and produces new plays through our New Play Readers Series, some of which become a part of a regular season. The Company also offers a Youth and Education Program which offers ticket discount, free Study Guides and other opportunities. In addition, City Lights is widely regarded as a nurturing space in which many up-and-coming actors, directors, designers and technicians are given an opportunity to develop their theatre skills alongside seasoned professionals.