2013 Marks COH 100th and my 25th Anniversary
Why contribute to the City of Hope rather than another worthy cause?
1. Founded in 1913, sitting on 120 acres and serving people of all nationalities with 4,500 employees, the City of Hope is a world-class biomedical research, treatment and education institution. For 100 years COH has been dedicated to saving lives around the world through the powerful combination of scientific innovation and compassionate care. The COH was one of the initial designates as a Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute and retains that highest standard today. COH COLLABORATES WITH MORE THAN 400 INSTITUTIONS WORLDWIDE ON OVER 500 PROJECTS ANNUALLY.
2. Four of the world’s most widely used drugs to fight cancer were created by COH or use COH patented technologies. OVER 100 MILLION PEOPLE WILL BENEFIT FROM TREATMENT WITH MEDICINES CREATED WITH COH DISCOVERIES THIS YEAR.
3. COH has performed over 11,000 Bone Marrow Transplants (BMT) with results that are rated as the highest nationally. Not to be lost in this accolade is the fact that the COH BMT population of cases is also rated as the most acutely ill. Protocols developed at the COH are used in virtually every BMT center in the world. COH HAS EXTENDED THE LIVES OF ITS BMT PATIENTS A COMBINED 30,000 YEARS, AND COUNTING!
4. Genetic research at COH led to the expression of the first artificial gene in bacteria. This work is considered the beginning of the modern biotechnology industry because it enabled the large-scale manufacturing of protein drugs including insulin…synthetic insulin. IF YOU ARE DIABETIC AND USE INSULIN IN SOME RESPECT YOU OWE YOUR LIFE TO THE COH.
5. Fifty-years ago we began to see on the side of cigarette packages "Cigarette smoking may be hazardous to your health". COH RESEARCH LINKED CIGARETTE SMOKING AND CANCER RESULTING IN THIS WARNING.
6. COH is committed to compassionate care. By pairing outstanding medical oncologists with elite surgical oncologists COH patients, often women with breast cancer, are provided a strong offering in robotics, plastics, and reconstruction. COH invests millions of dollars annually in the Supportive Care Program, Positive Image Shop and the Biller Family Resource Center. COH differentiates itself from other leading Centers by our credo, penned sixty years ago by our then Executive Director, Samual Golter: "THERE IS NO PROFIT IN CURING THE BODY IF IN THE PROCESS WE DESTROY THE SOUL."
City of Hope's physicians and scientists are responsible for some of the most significant advances in modern medicine offering insights that have reshaped the world's understanding of diseases. The COH has achieved scientific breakthroughs, set national standards and succeeded in creative thinking where others have failed by discovering cures and treatments for Cancer, Diabetes and other catastrophic illness.
The City of Hope is transforming the future of health. Every day COH turns science into practical benefit and hope into reality. COH accomplishes this through exquisite care, innovative research, and vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes.
PLEASE SAVE A LIFE, MAYBE YOURS…MAYBE THAT OF YOUR CHILD OR OTHER LOVED ONE BY CLICKING ON "DONATE" TO THE RIGHT, AND JOINING MY TEAM BY MAKING YOUR CONTRIBUTION.
On line donations of any amount of $10 or more are appreciated very much! For gifts of $500 or more, you may choose to be recognized in our Centennial Convention Journal (June, 2013 in Los Angeles) as follows:
$100,000, or more – Red Page
$75,000 – Green Page
$50,000 – Blue Page
$25,000 – Gold
$10,000 – Silver Page
$5,000 – Bronze Page
$2,500 – White Page
$1,000 – One-half Page
$500 – One-quarter Page
I have purchased the inside cover of the Convention Journal and all who join my team with a contribution of $10, or more, by clicking "Donate" (immediately to the right) will have my personal thanks and appreciation and your name listed on the inside front cover as joining my team and supporting my efforts in the fight we are all at risk of losing…the fight against cancer and the loss of our loved ones. In addition to being listed on my inside cover page any donations of $500, or more, will be listed as per the rate schedule above. Please ask your friends to assist and combine your contributions for a larger donation. If you like, I will customize this web page for you to personally send to your own contacts and create your own team for this fight. Yes, I believe this is that important and the cure is in sight! All page submissions must be in by May 17th so please click “Donate” now. The COH goal is One Billion Dollars. My personal goal is $100,000. PLEASE HELP. You can learn more about City of Hope at www.cityofhope.org/about. Thank for you for supporting our search for cures!