Amidst the holiday shopping sprees, don’t forget the real meaning of the season!
Thank you for all your generosity! We have reached our $35,000 match cap. In the spirit of #GivingTuesday please keep giving, but the match challenge is now closed.
City Year unites young people of all backgrounds for a year of full-time service, giving them the skills and opportunities to change the world. As tutors, mentors and role models, these diverse young leaders help children stay in school and on track, and transform schools and communities across the United States, as well as through international affiliates in Johannesburg, South Africa and London, England.
This year, City Year’s 1,500 young leaders, who are 17 to 24 years old, will complete more than 2.5 million hours of service through the following activities:
- Tutoring, mentoring and serving as role models to help children and schools succeed;
- Leading after-school programs and school vacation programs;
- Engaging students of all ages in community service and leadership development activities;
- Planning and leading transformational service projects.
From a 50-person pilot program in 1988, City Year has grown to 22 locations:
Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbia, South Carolina, Columbus, Detroit, Little Rock/North Little Rock, Los Angeles, Louisiana: Baton Rouge, Louisiana: New Orleans, Miami, Milwaukee, New Hampshire, New York, Greater Philadelphia, Rhode Island, San Antonio
San José/Silicon Valley, Seattle/King County Washington, DC
Johannesburg, South Africa
Since its inception, City Year has:
- Served 1,120,000 children
- Completed more than 20.5 million hours of service
- Graduated more than 12,500 alumni
- Engaged more than 1,052,000 citizens in service
To learn more, visit www.cityyear.org