Clean Water for Uganda
Organized by: Brett Wessler
EVENT DATE Jan 09, 2017
Almost 1 billion people do not have access to clean water. As most of you know, I am very involved with a Cleveland-based non-profit called Drink Local Drink Tap (DLDT). Part of our mission is to implement clean water projects in Uganda; these projects typically involve well-drilling, biosand filtration, and rain-water harvesting. These projects are life changing for the villagers - the impact is difficult to capture in words.
For the past several years, I have been providing technical guidance to DLDT on the clean water projects. In January 2017, I will have the humble privilege of joining the DLDT team in Uganda to help with the mission. My fundraising goal of $3000 is aimed at the following activities:
- Purchasing biosand filters for families in a slum area who currently drink unsafe dirty water.
- Contributing to clean water projects in several villages where children currently walk long distances to get their water from a swamp.
- Expanding water quality field testing capabilities
- Project monitoring activities (which ensure our projects are sustainable)
- Miscellaneous field operations activities
The funds will also help offset my travel and (very humble) accomodations while in Uganda. My hope is that you will see your contribution as a direct and significant impact in a part of the world where it is most needed. Any amount is deeply appreciated.
Thank you for considering a donation to this effort.