Journeys Within Our Community wrote -
Establishing clean water - you can make a difference.
We identify and work with whole communities who are without water. We make sure that every household has access to clean, safe drinking water.
We undertake partnerships with villages in an eight month process of collaboration providomg new wells, repairs, support to villagers in the maintenance of their wells, water filters, educational hygiene seminars and water testing. These partnership communities also play their part by guaranteeing attendance at seminars and helping JWOC gather information about the situation of health and water in the village.
For more information about JWOC's Clean Water projects, please click here
How You Can Help
There are countless communities in Siem Reap Province alone that still do not have access to clean, safe water. There are many ways you can get involved in helping us help:
Fixing a broken well can be very inexpensive so every contribution counts. Even a small donation to our well maintenance fund can resurrect a well.
- One off donation: $5 - infinity
- Water filter for one household: $14
- Well Maintenance: $20 - $150
- Water Filters - for 10 houses: $140
- Hygiene training and packs - 150 people : $100
- Water Testing - tests 20 wells giving hundreds of people the security of knowing they have access to safe water: $250
- New wells: $350 (or $375 with a recognition sign).
- Sponsor a village: $8,500*
* Approximate cost given the different size and population of each village.