Our Mission is to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro (19,340 feet) in Tanzania, Africa. The WORLDS largest free standing mountain.
Who we are:
We are a Grandpa, a Father, a Mother, a Daughter, a Son, a Grandson. And together as a Family, we are a TEAM. A Team that has joined together to conquer one of our greatest challenges ever. Our Challenge is not only to make it to the Summit, but to raise awareness and necessary funding for researching Eosinophilic Disorders.
Why we Climb:
We climb for Melinda and Ethan who both suffer from EE. Eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE or EE) is an allergic inflammatory disease characterized by elevated eosinophils in the esophagus. Eosinophilic esophagitis is a rare disease, but increasing in prevalence. Please check out (and "like") our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MIClimbforEE
All money raised from this climb will go directly to the CURED Foundation. CURED is a not for profit foundation dedicated to those suffering from eosinophilic enteropathy, which includes eosinophlic esophagitis, eosinophilic gastroenteritis, eosinophilic colitis and other eosinophilic disorders.
Make a Donation:
Please consider making a donation of whatever you can...even 10 bucks will help move us to our goal. and it is all 100% percent tax deductible.
Here are two ways to donate:
1. Online: www.crowdrise.com/MIClimbforEE
2. Check: write your check out to the CURED Foundation and mail it to P.O. Box 32, Lincolnshire, IL 60069.
**Please make sure that in the notes section you clearly state that you are sponsoring one of all of us! That way, we can get the credit!
Want to do more?:
Join our Logistics Team. For a $194 donation (tax deductible by the way), you get some awesome stuff!
* A Thank You Letter From Our Team.
* Weekly updates on our training regimen, important updates, monthly conference calls for Q and A with the team.
* You will have access to a special “donor-only” link that will deliver two live audio (possibly video if we can get it to work) feeds from the mountain on two special days during the climb – one during the ascent and the second at the peak.
* Daily updates via email to track our progress.
* An Official Climb for EE shirt.
* A picture of the team at the summit.
Thanks in advance for helping us reach the summit and bring HOPE to those who suffer from this disease!
Climbers: Duane, Melinda and Ethan
Supporters unable to Climb: Cheryl, Matthew, Matthew Jr. and Gavin.