I have been on the Board of SPACE on Ryder Farm since 2012, and my time volunteering for this organization is incredibly rewarding because I am part of an effort, a movement, to create an open and safe and comfortable and enriching space for dialogue and creativity that will lead to more art, more social change, and more freedom for importnat voices that need to be heard. Below is a little more about SPACE's goals for 2017 and the benefits of donating. I hope you will join me in supporting this exceptional company.
In 2017, in our commitment to create an equitable, accessible and inclusive world, SPACE will:
- Eliminate Financial Barriers: We will fully subsidize all individual and small group residences, eliminating the financial barrier for potential residents
- Prioritize Equity: We will endeavor to grant 50% of our residencies to persons of color and underrepresented voices
- Increase Access: We will double the number of spaces for our fully-subsidized Family Residency, in association with The Lilly Awards Foundation, offering more working parents and their children the opportunity for time and space to create and innovate
Your gift to SPACE honors our past successes and lays the foundation for our future achievements. While this Crowdrise campaign is only a piece of our end-of-year fundraising efforts, it is a very important one. Please help us raise $25,000 by January 1st and ensure that we progress towards our vital goals of eliminating financial barriers, increasing opportunities, and supporting all voices at our dinner table.
A gift of $35 or more will grant you a free ticket to our Annual Holiday Party in NYC on December 19th in Chelsea!
Happy holidays from the SPACE team!
SPACE on Ryder Farm is a non-profit residency program for artists and activists housed on a 221 year old working organic farm in Brewster, New York. SPACE creates an environment singular in its ability to invigorate artists and innovators and their work, and contributes to the sustainability and resourceful preservation of one of the oldest family-run organic farms on the East Coast.
In six years SPACE has:
- Hosted over 1,000 residents, including Oscar, Tony and Obie Award winners, Pulitzer finalists, Guggenheim Fellows and MacArthur Geniuses
- Created a one-of-a-kind, fully-subsidized Family Residency with curated programming for artists and their children
- Held symposia for advocates, lawyers, and activists working in social justice
- Supported the development of dozens of world premiere plays seen off-Broadway and across the country
- Nurtured 50 young professionals through its intern program
SPACE on Ryder Farm is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation. Your donation to this campaign is fully tax-deductible.