Sara-Cate Program Coordinator wrote -
TEACH (Training in Early Abortion for Comprehensive Healthcare) is an Oakland-based program, affiliated with the University of California San Francisco, that helps to expand reproductive rights by training family doctors to provide comprehensive reproductive healthcare.
Access to a variety of reproductive health options is crucial to women's right to choose, therefore training the next generation of providers is crucial to empowering women. TEACH has a successful track record in:
· preparing residents, faculty, and clinicians to provide prenatal care, options counseling, first trimester aspiration and medication abortions, and contraceptive choices,
· creating opportunities for advanced training and providing mentorship for our graduates to become leaders in the field of reproductive healthcare,
· providing technical assistance and consultation to professional audiences, legislatures, and the public,
· supporting research and change in reproductive health policy, and
· fostering a growing network of primary care experts in reproductive health.