BENEFITING: American Red Cross
EVENT DATE: Apr 01, 2014
Club Red Young Professionals will be hosting a Happy Hour Networking Event on April 1st from 5-7 at Twisted Olive in Bethlehem. Drink Specials, Prize Drawings and more! Please come support the American Red Cross of the Greater Lehigh Valley!
HOW YOUR DONATION SAVES THE DAY: GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAPTER IN ACTION 2013
• Responded to 83 disaster incidents and provided assistance to over 120 families who experienced disasters from house fires to hurricanes.
•Opened 3 shelters and approximately 100 volunteers provided 733 overnight shelter stays, 5,417 meals and snacks, and 382 comfort kits to community members affected by Hurricane Sandy and its related storms.
• Trained 6,869 individuals in lifesaving skills including First Aid, CPR, AED, Babysitter Training, and more
• Transmitted emergency communications and family follow-up services to 308 military service men & women
• Presented deployment briefings to 1,535 military members and their families
• Collected over 1,027 units of lifesaving blood – one unit of blood can help save the lives of up to three people.
• Partnered with a middle school and eight high schools in sponsoring Red Cross Clubs
• Worked with 220 volunteers who contributed countless hours, serving as members of the board, health and safety instructors, disaster response members, office administrators, event organizers and more