Our mission is to:
- Educate the public and the development community about the social, environmental, and economic benefits of traditional human-scale urbanism
- Support the implementation of projects consistent with the principles of New Urbanism at the local, state, and regional levels
- Encourage the adoption of policies and regulations that promote traditional human-scale planning, design and development
With the support of talented and dynamic board leadership,and an expanding coalition of members and volunteers the visible impact that CNU New England has had across the region continues to grow. Here is a sample of our accomplishments and initiatives to date:
- We have reached thousands of people — professionals, concerned citizens, and civic leaders — through expanded educational programming in all six New England states. We've connected those people with the data, technical knowledge, and supportive expertise they need to promote smart, human-scale infill development in their own communities. See our website for information about the great programs we have held and that we will expand with your help.
- CNU New England's DoTank, a team of volunteer urban strategists and tacticians from our membership network that provides technical assistance for organizations and municipalities seeking to improve the vitality of their downtown commercial districts — and a team of volunteers ready to bring great ideas to the streets through short-term, tactical interventions.
- Enthusiastic support for our fellowship program for elected officials, which will equip elected officials throughout the region with the data, technical knowledge, and peer network required to be champions for positive change in their communities.
By any measure, CNU New England is enjoying unparalleled success: better visibility, better engagement, better participation, and better achievement of laudable place making goals. Please help us continue the momentum — and continue to connect state-of-the art experts with the communities that need our support.