COASTAL GERMAN SHEPHERD RESCUE OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA A PUBLIC via Crowdrise
April 28, 2012
EVENT DATE: May 06, 2012
Coastal German Shepherd Rescue of Orange County is honored to be an official Charity Partner of the OC Marathon 2012!
We've set a fundraising goal of $20,000 to help pay down our veterinary/medical costs. All too often, the shelters in Southern California label a dog to be rescue only due to illness, this means the dog is not available for adoption by the public and their only hope for getting out of the shelter is a rescue. And even more often, the dogs are released with a waiver of spay or neuter.
This means that our rescue is taking on a dog that may likely be ill, is not altered and may not have its vaccines, all of which we are committed to taking care of. As an all volunteer group that depends solely on donations, we now work even harder to raise the dollars to help these homeless pets!
Here's an example of what your dollars can pay for:
- $100 - fully vaccinate four dogs
- $200 - two pallets of dog food to feed 70 dogs for two weeks
- $300 - flea treatment for twenty dogs
- $300 - wormer for twenty dogs
- $300- will pay a month's boarding for one dog
- $500 - spay or neuter four dogs
- $500 for dental surgery for Captain http://coastalgsr.org/captain3.htm who requires some teeth pulled
- $1,000 will help a dog get surgery for hip displasia and allow that dog to live out a full life with a new family
- $1,500 for surgery for Ariel http://coastalgsr.org/ariel1.htm to repair her urinary tract infections
$2,000 to repair Joy's ear canals - she has such deep infections that the only way to provide her relief is to remove a portion of her ear canal - her hearing will be somewhat affected but the pain will be alleviated. http://coastalgsr.org/joy5.htm
Coastal exists solely on donations and fundraising. We don't always like the cards that are dealt us but we are committed to each dog that we rescue. We love the happy tails stories that happen each week and we try very hard to make sure that every dog receives its happy ending. We cannot do this without YOU, our friends, family, supporters, donors, adopters!
We appreciate your support in our effort to raise funds through partnership with the OC Marathon!