BENEFITING: CARES OF WASHINGTON
ORGANIZER: CARES OF WASHINGTON
EVENT DATE: Dec 01, 2013
CARES OF WASHINGTON wrote -
This year Cares of Washington has decided to put our sweat where our heart is! Cares has joined the Seattle Marathon along with over 100 of our closest friends as we run, walk and roll towards employment and self-sufficiency for those living below the federal poverty level as well as those living with disabilities in the Puget Sound region.
This year runners will participate in the marathon as part of Team Cares. Each runner has personally committed to raising $100; 100% of which will go to aid those in need and living in the Puget Sound community become employed and self-sufficient.
On race day, December 1, we invite you to join the Cares of Washington staff, family and friends as we play an active role in changing our community. We are in need of runners, event supporters as we spread the word about the mission and its importance to the community.
Please help support Team Cares runners in their mission to break the cycle of poverty in our region. You can make a donation in support of a particular runner or make a general donation in support of the entire Cares Team.
Look at the difference your support can make:
· $10 supports 10 client resumes.
· $25 gets a new employee to and from their new position.
· $50 covers a daily wage and starts to create client independence.
· $100 allows for a Cares staffer to make on site visits to the client at the new employment location, ensuring support and success.
· $150 connects one low-income family to public aid and employment counseling.
· $200 allows placement of multiple clients at various locations.
· $250 supports a client’s effort to become self-sufficient by addressing housing, employment, childcare and other employment barriers.
· $500 establishes a 6 month program for a client. Allowing them to establish their self-sufficiency.
When you race for Cares of Washington, you support the million plus residents in our region as they aim to break the cycle of poverty. This event will allow you not only to open doors for those residents, but also change their life.