EVENT DATE: Mar 19, 2011
City of Hope Duarte, CA
Get together with friends, coworkers and community members from City of Hope to run or walk the LA Marathon (March 20) or the LA 5K (March 19) starting at Dodger Stadium. Have fun and raise funds to advance cancer research at City of Hope and Children's Hospital Los Angeles through ThinkCure.
It's easy and you could get some great benefits, too! Here's how:
- Set up your fundraiser page here on Crowdrise by clicking the "JOIN THE TEAM" button on the right side of the screen (you'll create a new Crowdrise account for yourself, if you're not already a member.)
- Customize your page however you'd like.
- Sign up to run or walk either the 5K (3.1 miles) or the marathon (26.2 miles) at www.lamarathon.com...and tell your friends. That's it! *
ThinkCure, the official charity of the Los Angeles Dodgers, advances cures for cancer by funding innovative cancer research in the Los Angeles area.
ThinkCure raises money for grants that fund exciting projects by some of the nation's top researchers -- at City of Hope and CHLA -- who are teaming up to make important discoveries. They target some of the toughest diseases. Brain cancer. Leukemia. Lymphoma. Neuroblastoma. And they're doing it together.
Your footsteps will help -- and you'll get perks
All participants on our team will get:
* An official 2011 Honda LA Marathon or LA 5K Shirt
* Dodger Stadium meetings for awards, advice and support
* Regular fundraiser e-mails with advice and support
* Access to the ThinkCure suite (including restroom access) on 5K and marathon race day
* Easy bib pickup for the 5K before the race
...and extra incentives for fundraising
* Raise $500 and get a technical performance ThinkCure Honda LA Marathon and LA 5K T-shirt
* Raise $1,000 and get two game tickets to ThinkCure Weekend at Dodger Stadium this June
* Raise $1,500 and get your race registration (and training program, if applicable) fees reimbursed
* Raise $2,000 and get four tickets to ThinkCure Weekend
* Raise $3,000 and get four VIP tickets to batting practice at ThinkCure Weekend and join pregame onfield activities