The mission of the Colorado Association for Play Therapy is to:
- provide education and training
- advance and disseminate quality information and research
- promote legal, professional, political advocacy
- facilitate professional collaboration
- encourage professionals to be mindful of global and cultural influences for the development of ethical, professional, and competent play therapists and other mental health professionals to validate the unique developmental needs of children in their treatment and their value in the community.