Active Learning Libraries. We want to make it and take it mobile.
That’s right! We want to take our active learning library for education, enrichment and empowerment on the road travelling to the eight borders of Zambia and beyond.
“You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world.”
― Woodrow Wilson
But we cannot get there without your support. So we’ve taken to the airwaves - the Internet – to launch our campaign to raise $25,000 to refurbish a bus and outfit it with hundred of books, toys and ideas to share with thousands of children, teachers and adults throughout Zambia, from Luapula to Livingstone and Nakonde to Ndola. The mobile learning library will be active and interactive. We will offer early learning activities for preschoolers, mentoring and supplemental educational resources for older children – and the Internet and web-based learning as well.
For the caregivers and adults, Community Action Works will include business development and job skills training to empower marginalized and vulnerable - those head of households who could use a mentor and/or extra income to move from instability to self-reliance and security. Poverty is a nasty disease for which we are still trying to find a cure. We want our mobile learning to reach head of households and caregivers who are responsible for putting food on the table and paying school fees. We want these caregivers to have a chance to earn extra income, perhaps even start a business, offering them more security and self-reliance. We will:
- Conduct business training and market assessments sharing “know-how” and best practices;
- Connect more people to inputs and finance;
- Help more people pursue small business initiatives;
- Fuel entrepreneurial drive and teach people about product development, about quality, marketing and thinking “outside the box;”
- Promote inclusion to ensure meaningful participation by men, women and youth;
- Improve job prospects, increase income and grow businesses; and
- Celebrate entrepreneurship and self-reliance.
You might be thinking: Can my contribution make a difference? Can Community Action Works make a difference? To this we say:
Did Steve Jobs, or Walt Disney or And Leonardo da Vinci?
What about the gracious Madiba Nelson Mandela?
Mother Theresa? Gandhi? Michael Jackson? Elvis?
Get the picture? If they can, we can. And we are counting on you.