Kendra Gray via Crowdrise
May 19, 2011
BENEFITING: Saha Global
EVENT DATE: May 25, 2011
Hooray - I’m going to Ghana! This June I’ll spend three weeks in Northern Ghana, where I’ll work with Community Water Solutions to bring low-cost, community-scale water treatment and household safe storage solutions to a village in Northern Ghana.
I’m really excited about this program. I’m looking forward to taking part in a project focused on something so basic - clean water. Plus, I’ll get to spend time in an area I’ve never been, learn about Ghana, and try the local cuisine (like fufu - which I’ve heard so much about). Plus, it’s a great way to celebrate the completion of my master’s program. While I’m missing my graduation to go, the program in Ghana and working on issues of potable water seems like a great way to celebrate!
There are nearly 30 of us going - and we’ve been divided into seven smaller groups. Each group will be assigned to a village. As small groups, we raising funds to cover the costs of supplies and other expenses related to the program. Which is where *you* come in...
Would you make a contribution to my Community Water Solutions project?
How much might you contribute? Any amount would be appreciated, but if you’re looking for guidance, consider what you might spend on yourself on a given Saturday evening. Let’s say we went out for the evening...
- Beer-o-meter ($25): What you might pay for a relaxed evening out. A couple beers, appetizers, etc...
- Dinner and a movie ($50): What you might pay for a movie ticket and dinner (and drinks).
- Live theatre ($75): What you might pay for a theatre ticket and, of course, dinner afterwards.
- Concert ($100): The cost of a major concert ticket.
- Good Red Sox ticket ($125): The cost of a good Red Sox ticket.
- Red Sox and schmancy dinner ($150): The cost of a good Red Sox ticket and schmancy dinner.
- Long weekend away ($300): Cape Cod, Montreal, NY, etc.
- Weekend in NYC for the Red Sox ($500): Yankees vs. Red Sox in NYC, plus lodging and food.