Connolly Tough Fund
Team Member: joe russell
Connolly Tough Fund wrote -
Gene Connolly, currenly the principal of Concord High School, was diagnosed with ALS in July 2014. While his life has become increasingly complicated as a result of the challenges he faces, Gene remains on the job.
From his days in Norwood raised along with his six brothers and sisters by Dr. and Mrs. Connolly; then to Springfield College (where he met Patty); and continuing on to an incredible 38-year public school career in New Hampshire, Gene has left an indelible mark on the lives of his students, colleagues, friends and family. He has selflessly and tirelessly served. Now, he needs OUR help.
In September 2014, a “Connolly Tough” community walk raised an incredible $25,000 for the ALS Foundation. The Connolly Tough Fund is for a more personal and immediate purpose — to help the Connollys. Gene and Patty face lofty expenses, beyond what is covered by medical insurance, as they begin to adjust their lives -- and their home -- to Gene's ALS diagnosis. Our fundraising target is $60,000, appropriate as Gene enters his 60th year.
Gene has left his mark in many worlds, from Norwood to Xaverian, Springfield to Windham, Derry to Concord, Jimmy to Ally to Ryan, and beyond. There is great love for this man, who always stands with others when challenges arise. Now is our chance to stand with him. Please consider giving at these special levels aligned to Gene’s passions:
- NY GIANTS LEVEL (winning the Super Bowl) $2,500 and above
- JACKSON BROWN LEVEL (jamming with Gene in the Connolly kitchen) $1,000
- KOBE, SHAQ and PHIL JACKSON LEVEL (Lakers in their 90’s glory) $500
- CAROL KING LEVEL (you’ve got a friend in Gene) LEVEL $250
- MERIT SCHOLAR LEVEL (the pride of CHS) $100 (Eli’s number x 10)
- ROLL TIDE ROLL! LEVEL (calling the football game over the PA at Memorial) $50
- LUNCHTIME in the STUDENT CENTER (conversing with almost every kid) $32 (Magic’s number)
For additional information about the making a donation including making it directly: please contact CHS staff members and our 1:1 fundraising co-chairs: Christopher Makris (email@example.com), Karen Slick (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Steve Rothenberg (email@example.com).