Skip to content
katiegiberson's profile image - click for profile

Katie Giberson's Fundraiser:

Team CdLS: TCS New York City Marathon

Katie's Photo
Katie's Photo
Katie's Photo
Katie's Photo
Katie's Photo
Katie Giberson

THE STORY:

One of the most important people in my life is my sister, Emma. About 75% of the time, I have the typical sister relationship: I steal her hair products, she kicks me off of the couch, sometimes we get along and other times she's the biggest pain in my ass. But the remaining 25% of our relationship is extremely different, and that is in large part due to the fact that Emma was born with a rare syndrome called Cornelia de Lange Syndrome, or CdLS. The issues involved with CdLS range, but for Emma, it's led to countless surgeries, communication difficulties, and a lifetime of beating the odds. Expecting a "normal" baby, my family were stunned to find themselves facing myriad challenges and sometimes unanswerable questions. The CdLS Foundation provided - and continues to provide - tremendous support to my family and the countless others who find themselves connected to this largely unheard of syndrome. Because CdLS is so rare, its foundation needs all the help it can get to raise money for the services and programs it provides for the increasing number of affected children and families. 


I'm honored to be running for the Cornelia de Lange Syndrome Foundation team - and Emma - in the TCS New York City Marathon and would hugely appreciate any donation you are able to give. Thank you!!!


**Due to a disc injury, I'll be running in 2018. However, in order to guarantee my bib, I must fulfill the fundraising requirements by November 4, 2017. 


DONATE

To This Fundraiser

$2,875

MONEY RAISED
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Jenny Ley

    $50

  • Kara Levin

    $50

  • Justin Anderson

    $75

  • Judy Blatt

    $50

  • The Snow Family

    $50

  • Kevin Scher

    $50

  • Katherine and Richard Greene

    $250

  • Kendra Francis

    $50

  • Jacqueline Grossman

    $100

  • Nicholas Kuroly

    $50

  • Mitch Halpern and Amy Friedman

    $50

  • Terry Whalen

    $100

  • Carl Salonen

     

  • Jackie Sullivan

    $100

  • Lori E. Gold

     

  • Beth Pendergast

     

  • Jill Bennett

    $50

  • Samantha Brill

    $100

  • Ann Mandel Laitman

    $50

  • Kara Oliveri

     

  • Jessica Nelson

    $50

  • Anonymous

     

  • Bebe

    $50

  • Bartlett Tree Experts

    $250

  • Robert Malin

     

  • Chanel G

    $25

  • Andrew Onore

     

  • Richard Greenawalt

    $50

  • Lindsay Scher

    $25

  • Diana Peron

    $25

  • Stephanie & Joey

    $50

  • Nanette Gershowitz

    $50

  • Matthew Anuszkiewicz

    $50

  • Anna and Jorge Garcia

    $100

  • Catalina Pelaez

    $50

  • Anthony El-Hachem

    $25

  • Anonymous

     

  • Lindsay Oakes

     

  • The Successful Learning Center

    $250

  •  
  •  
  •  
 

58% Raised of $5,000 Goal

Fundraise for this Campaign

The Team: $7,745 TOTAL RAISED SO FAR

JOIN THE TEAM
Fundraiser Title

Katie Giberson

Amount Raised

$2,875

 

58% Raised of $5,000 Goal

Fundraiser Title

Ava Frank

Amount Raised

$2,144

 

36% Raised of $6,000 Goal

Fundraiser Title

Anna Smith

Amount Raised

$1,441

 

58% Raised of $2,500 Goal

Fundraiser Title

Tessa Rose

Amount Raised

$700

 

14% Raised of $5,000 Goal

Fundraiser Title

Isabel Teixeira

Amount Raised

$350

Fundraiser Title

Justin Rose

Amount Raised

$185

 

4% Raised of $5,000 Goal

Fundraiser Title

Cornelia de Lange Syndrome Foundati...

Amount Raised

$50

 

0% Raised of $25,000 Goal

Fundraiser Title

Lizzie Davidson

Amount Raised

$0

 

0% Raised of $5,000 Goal

Donor Comments

The Successful Learning Center

The Successful Learning Center

DONATION: $250

1 week ago

Lindsay Oakes

Lindsay Oakes

4 weeks ago

Anonymous

ANONYMOUS

2 months ago

Anthony El-Hachem

Anthony El-Hachem

DONATION: $25

2 months ago

Catalina Pelaez

Catalina Pelaez

DONATION: $50

All the best! Love. 2 months ago

Anna and Jorge Garcia

Anna and Jorge Garcia

DONATION: $100

Emma Giberson 2 months ago

Matthew Anuszkiewicz

Matthew Anuszkiewicz

DONATION: $50

2 months ago

Nanette Gershowitz

Nanette Gershowitz

DONATION: $50

2 months ago

Stephanie & Joey

Stephanie & Joey

DONATION: $50

3 months ago

Diana Peron

Diana Peron

DONATION: $25

3 months ago