Every great city has a foundation to help support their parks, and the Chicago Parks Foundation is making that commitment here in Chicago.
The Chicago Parks Foundation is created specifically to help maintain long-term stability and increase park use for all Chicago community members at all socioeconomic levels. The Chicago Parks Foundation supports bringing families together, keeping children safe, promoting healthy active lifestyles and preserving Chicago’s urban green space.
When you join TEAM ChiParks, you will join a new social network of runners who are committed to preserving our magical Chicago Parks and connecting with the communities who need and use them. You will accomplish a personal milestone and improve the quality of lives of thousands of Chicagoans in the process.
- GUARANTEED ENTRY into the 2014 Bank of America Chicago Marathon with $1000 fundraising commitment.
- FREE RACE ENTRY-- CPF will cover the $185 Bank of America Chicago Marathon entry fee
- FREE TRAINING through CARA (Chicago Area Runners Association) on historic guided runs through the parks and at CARA training facilities
- FREE INITIAL ACCESS to NOVACARE physical therapists
- FREE RUNNING GEAR: TEAM CHIPARKS running singlet and technical shirt
- FREE SOCIAL GATHERINGS throughout your training
- FREE GEAR CHECK ON RACE DAY, HEATED TENT WITH GUIDED STRETCHES, MASSAGES, FOOD AND REFRESHMENTS
- FREE T-SHIRTS for your cheer section (up to 6)
If you register with Chicago Parks Foundation BEFORE THE LOTTERY CLOSES on April 7, you commit to raising a minimum of $1000 for the Chicago Parks Foundations. You will receive your own personalized online fundraising web page through Crowdrise, and you will have ongoing support (and ‘perks’) from the Chicago Parks Foundation. IF YOU REGISTER AFTER THE LOTTERY CLOSES, your fundraising minimum will be $1500. Most team members find that it is not difficult to meet, and even exceed, these goals!
Questions? Write Maggie at email@example.com or call 312-742-5105.