ORGANIZATION FOR TROPICAL STUDIES INC wrote -All OTS courses are structured on field-based, experiential learning under the close guidance of highly qualified academic professors and visit a diversity of tropical habitats and communities. Students meet active researchers and local stakeholders and will develop the skills needed for advanced studies and careers in tropical biology, resource management, or global health.
New species, new methods, new processes and more data result in articles that promote biodiversity conservation as well as their future careers.
Help us make certain our students have the right tools for their research.
Equipment Wish List:
• 4 GPSMAP® 64st Garmin.
• 2 TruPulse® 200L Rangefinder/Hypsometer.
• 4 Nikon® 20x Mini Field Microscope.
• 2 Midland® GXT1000 Two-Way Radios
• 2 Haglöf HEC2 Electronic
• 2 Bushnell® NatureView® 10x42
• 6 Ultra Light UV Blacklight Flashlight
• 4 Joby JB01242-CAM 125 Gorilla Torch Flare
• 2 Motic Stereo Trinocular Microscope SMZ-171-TP
• 8 Amico Orchard Black 8.4x2.4m Meshy Enclosure Anti Bird Net
Nothing can replace the hands-on experience of a field-based course in the tropics!