First Bonus Challenge is not over yet!
July 17, 2017
EVENT DATE: Jul 11, 2017
According to the 2010 U.S. Census an estimated 2.8 million children in the U.S. have a disability.
The Children’s Rehabilitation Institute of Teleton USA (CRIT-USA) in San Antonio, Texas, opened its doors in November 2014 to provide a place of treatment and care to children with disabilities and their families in the United States.
Our Model of Care focuses on the child and family as a whole.Our medical staff is specialized to treat children from birth to 18 years of age with the following conditions:
- Mild to severe cerebral palsy
- Brain Injury (TBI)
- Neuromuscular diseases.
- Spinal cord injury
- Amputees and skeletal disorders
- Congenital and genetic diseases
- Developmental Delay (newborn to 3 years)
Our unique rehabilitation center and its facilities were specifically built for children with disabilities.Our facilities include:
- Multi-sensory room: Using varying lights and sounds, this room is designed to help stimulate the five senses. It can either stimulate or calm, depending on what each patient needs.
- La Casita/The Little House: A room designed to mimic the challenges patients face in their everyday lives. Here, they are able to learn how to overcome these challenges.
- Pablo and Armeo: Two state-of-the-art machines designed to help with coordination, balance, fine motor skills and strength.
- Physical Therapy Room: There are over 100 pieces of equipment designed to provide a safe healing environment. This space also houses the Lokomat, a one-of-a-kind robot that models gait and encourages ambulation, which helps teach children how to walk.
- Aquatics: Our therapy swimming pool is used to help patients increase strength and mobility, while decreasing pain.
All of the different rooms and technologies for treatment reflect our approach to treatment by offering the best of a wide range of care that can be formulated to each child’s need, while always keeping the family in mind and involved in the rehabilitation process.
In this Shop for a Cause Charity Challenge, you can make a difference!
Donate now and change the lives of children with disabilities and their families.