GREEN LENTS wrote -
Green Lents is a volunteer run, community-based non-profit in the Lents neighborhood of Portland, OR. We have many programs that help make the community of Lents a thriving, livable place.
- Livable Lents is a coalition dedicated to making Lents a long-term home for residents and improve livability through outreach. This year, we released the Lents Strong Community Action Plan for a Livable, Affordable Neighborhood. The plan outlines community-identified strategies to improve livability, preserve affordability, and foster community control over the next five years in Lents.
- Malden Court Community Orchard is managed by volunteers and community members; it offers a gathering space and an ongoing source of sustenance for neighbors.
- The Green Lents Tool Library is a free tool rental service available to Lents, Powellhurst-Gilbert, Pleasant Valley, Foster-Powell, Mt. Scott-Arleta, Brentwood-Darlington, and Montavilla neighborhoods.
- The Pollinator Habitat program beautifies the neighborhood by providing pollinator friendly plants and green spaces and connects our neighborhood youth to science-based learning opportunities.
- The Lents Green Ring is a project aimed at improving connectivity of our physical, social, and environmental infrastructure. Physically, it is a bicycle and pedestrian loop around the neighborhood. Environmentally, it is made up of our natural areas, parks, and urban habitat. Socially, it is the community programs and services that connect neighbors to one another across differences in geography, culture, mobility, and more.
Our staff and board are made almost entirely of volunteers. We depend on grants and donations to continue our programs.
Donate over $20 and get a free gift!
$20+ - Tool Library Sticker
$50+ - Green Lents bumper sticker
$100+ - Green Lents t-shirt
$200+ - All of the above plus public recognition as a Green Lents Supporter
$500+ - All of the above plus recognition as a Green Lents Steward
Help support our community and donate today!