EVENT DATE: Dec 08, 2011
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Dec 08, 2011
Welcome to the CWA Hockey club 1st Annual Bowl-a-Thon!
Participants will receive;
~ 2 Hours of Unlimited Bowling!
~ Free Pizza and Soda
~ Help your community AND have fun at the same time!
~ Create your own team of 4-5 persons with family & friends, or join a CWA team and make new friends
~ Participate in our Chinese Auction and 50/50 raffle!
~ Prizes awarded for High Score, Highest Team Score, Best Dressed Bowler and more!
How does it work?
Request a donation form (firstname.lastname@example.org), or join a fundraising team on crowdrise and start collecting pledges today. Your supporters can make a flat pledge, or they can pledge a certain amount based on your total score. Each team will play a minimum of two games, so if you score 100 points in each game, and your friend Bob pledged you 5 cents per point, your friend Bob contributed a total of $10. Collecting pledges is helpful because as long as you get at least $10 worth of pledges, you can bowl (and win prizes) for free! We’re hoping to make this bowl-a-thon an annual event, so the more contributions you raise, the more successful we’ll be at achieving our goal.
300 Long Island
895 Walt Whitman Rd. (Rt 110)
Melville, NY 11747
Thursday, December 8th, 2011
Registration 6-7pm, Unlimited Bowling 7-9pm, Raffles Awarded 9-10pm
Our bowl-a-thon is a fun and fit activity for all, with participants striving to achieve their personal best score. Each participant will walk away knowing they helped fund a great cause.
SPONSOR A LANE! Contact us at email@example.com and promote your business at our event. We will have tables set up for sponsor advertising/ distribution!
REMINDERS: There will be a raffle fundraiser, 50/50 and prizes awarded throughout the night. Pledge sheets need to be presented on bowl-a-thon day, December 8th, 2011!
All pledges to the CWA Hockey Club are tax-deductible.
1. A minimum registration pledge of $10 per participant is required. Participants may start collecting pledges as soon as they receive the pledge sheets.
2. Pledges may be made by anyone. Please ask everyone who pledges if their company has a matching gift fund policy.
3. Each sponsor making a pledge should write their own name, pledge per pins knocked down, and maximum pledge.Participants may collect the pledge in advance.
4. On bowl-a-thon day, each participant will present their pledge sheet and check in at the Registration Desk between 6:00pm & 7:00pm. Bowling will begin at 7:00pm. Please leave enough time to achieve your bowling goal. Each participant will keep track of the number of pins knocked down.
5. Pledges may be registered online at http://www.crowdrise.com/familybowl-a-thon. All donors who register a minimum of $29 (online only) to our project by December 8, 2011 will be automatically signed up to win an iPad2.
6. Upon completion of the bowl-a-thon, a volunteer will record each participant’s pin total on their pledge sheet and return it. Participants may then collect any outstanding pledges. Please return your pledge sheet to the registration desk to process your contributions. Credit Cards and Checks will be accepted. Please make checks out to; CWA Hockey.
7. Participants are encouraged to wear protective equipment , dress comfortably and most of all- HAVE FUN!
Our goal is to help the fundraising committee raise at least $7,000 to support CWA Hockey. We hope that each family will participate in the bowl-a-thon to the best of their ability. We’re hoping to make this bowl-a-thon an annual event, so the more contributions you raise, the more successful we’ll be at achieving our goal.
Thank you very much for your participation!
CWA Hockey Club is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose members donate their time and resources to support the team and the charitable events organized throughout the year.
The CWA Hockey Club is looking for charitable volunteers to help with fund raising events on Long Island. Visit our website under construction at “cwahockey.org” to register as a member and keep informed about our upcoming events. Members are not required to have a knowledge of hockey, just the desire to help others.