BENEFITING: AMERICAN FRIENDS OF UN TECHO PARA MI PAIS
EVENT DATE: Sep 12, 2015
TECHO + SoulCycle are hosting a charity ride with the one and only RIQUE URESTI!
- WHEN: Saturday, September 12 @ 2.15 PM (Please arrive on time!)
- WHERE: SoulCycle West Village Studio (126 Leroy Street, NY, NY)
- RESERVE YOUR BIKE: Bikes start at $200 (click the orange, "DONATE to reserve your bike" button on the right).
- CAN'T ATTEND? If you can't make it to the ride but still want to contribute to the cause; please click the "Can't attend" orange button on the right to donate. Of course, all donations are welcome and greatly appreciated!!!
- YOUR IMPACT: All proceeds will fund a TECHO education program in Haiti. Goal: improve scholar learning in speech and language areas, strengthening the development of cognitive and emotional skills of children aged 6-9 years.
*If you will attend the ride, please contact email@example.com to confirm how many bikes you are reserving.
to Reserve Your BikeStarfish Story
The starfish story below inspired us to organize this ride... we would like to share it with you! Together we can change lives for the better because "every starfish counts…"
One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.
Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”
The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”
“Son,” the man said, “don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can’t make a difference!”
After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish, and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said…..“I made a difference for that one.”