• You have registered yourself online at www.cycleforheroes.org and raised or donated at least $300 for each “regular bike” or at least $2000 for a VIP bike. As a reminder, your bike placement is dependent upon your mad fundraising skills.
• If you have created a team of bikes with others (and therefore sharing fundraising minimums and bike riding time), everyone who will be riding is registered at www.cycleforheroes.org, and you have named your team appropriately (“Team Smith” is a one bike team or individual who will be raising a total of $300; “Team Smith – 3 Bike Team” is a 3 bike team that can accommodate up to 9 individual riders and will fundraise $900 at a minimum).
• Spouses/friends/+ 1’s are encouraged to attend – but there will be a $50 fee at the door for everyone who isn’t registered to ride. Make sure your people know this ahead of time. We are serving food and drink and delivering a great experience, and we encourage you to brag about how you are sweating and fundraising and showing up to support our injured veterans - you amazing Patriot you.
EVENT DAY - Directions > Where to Park > When to Show Up
• Go west. If your shoes are wet, you've gone too far. The ramp at the intersection of Ocean and Colorado is your most direct route by bike or foot. If you know where you’re coming from CLICK HERE to map your route or simply enter 200 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA into your GPS.
• At the Pier, there are two lower lots accessible via Appian Way. CLICK HERE for a map. Parking is $3 per hour with a max of $12/day.
• Want to make this even easier? We recommend reserving a discounted parking spot in advance CLICK HERE.
• Check-in starts at 4 PM – to make check-in easy, make sure you have raised the appropriate amount of money and have pre-registered yourself and everyone who is sharing your bike.
EVENT DAY - What to Bring
• You will sweat, so make sure you bring comfortable clothes to ride in AND dry clothes to throw on after your sweat sesh. It might be chilly, so bring a jacket or sweatshirt just to be safe.
• We are BIG into drumsticks and will have some for participants. We encourage you to bring your own, decorate them, and make it part of your team costume if you are riding with others…. (everyone loves costumes – props are truly bonus fun for all).
• We will provide snacks, water, and towels, but if you are a BIG sweater, a constant snacker, or you easily dehydrate, we ask you to bring what you need to make this experience as amazing as you are.
• All bikes are outfitted with SPD and LOOK clips, but please make sure to bring athletic shoes just in case your cycling shoes are not a perfect match. All bikes can accommodate a good pair of sneakers!
• Last and most important, bring your fun self. We are here to show united, sweaty, enthusiastic, and continuous support to our injured veterans and all who have served our country. Thank you for your time, your energy, and your positively refreshing generous spirit. WE SALUTE YOU!
1.) Click on the “Register” button.
2.) Follow the steps to get registered for the event and get your CrowdRise page set up.
3.) If you are joining a team: click “Join a Team” and use the drop down menu to find the team you have been asked to join (rocket science right?) and the follow the registration instructions – BOOM done.
4.) If you are a team captain or riding a bike alone (stud): click “Create a Team” and pick your proper individual or team bike set up. 1 bike can accommodate up to 3 riders and each bike needs to fundraise at least $300 (unless you are reserving a VIP bike…….please see that tab).
5.) Name your bike and INCLUDE YOUR TEAM SIZE if you are reserving more than one bike. For instance – “Team Smith” would be a one bike team or an individual riding one bike. “Team Smith – 3 bike team” is team of 3 bikes (up to 9 riders) who are fundraising $900 together ($300 per bike).
6.) Once your page and log in is created, use the “Edit fundraiser” tab to add a photo and some story text about why this cause is important to you.
7.) Share your unique URL with family, friends, co-workers and anyone else with an email address to have them donate to your page and raise as much money as possible.
8.) Pat yourself on the back. You are contributing to an incredible program that changes thousands of lives every year.
Cycle for Heroes is a 3-hour rock’n’roll inspired outdoor stationary cycling event where you will fundraise, cheer, sweat, and show support for our veterans and their families. Your Cycle for Heroes experience starts today when you register. You will be given a link to your own Cycle for Heroes webpage that you can customize, send to friends, post on social media, and use to spread the word. Thanks to the generosity of our founding partners, Equinox and Chrome Hearts, and the incredible support of our sponsors, all donations made will go directly to The Heroes Project. We are able to make the impossible a reality by empowering injured war veterans through physical and emotional training, allowing them to explore the farthest reaches of themselves and the world they live in. THP expeditions challenge the severely wounded to redefine their personal limits post injury. The Heroes Project inspires our injured military veterans to find purpose, both physically and mentally, and ignites others to do the same. Visit http://www.theheroesproject.org for more information on the foundation, its focus, and other giving opportunities.
What will the event look like?
You will join other Cycle for Heroes participants, military vets, and the best indoor cycling instructors in the world for an unforgettable 3-hour rock & roll stationary ride. We chose November 10th because it is the 243rd birthday of the United States Marine Corps and right smack dab in the middle of the 3-day Veterans Day weekend. Check-in for registered participants will begin at 4:00pm, and the event will start promptly at 5:00pm. Water, snacks, and loads of inspiration will be provided. All participants will need to bring tennis shoes or bike shoes (with SPD or Look Clips) comfortable clothes to sweat in, a sweatshirt or jacket, and their most patriotic and fun self.
Prepare to be INSPIRED!
We will flood you with video footage of our courageous injured veteran family, drown you in rock & roll music, and inspire you to sweat through the event with wounded and active duty vets cycling amongst you. We know that you will leave stronger, happier, motivated, and fulfilled……and our injured veterans will leave the same because of your support.
Bike reservations and donations:
There is no fee to register - you can do that right now with just some personal information.
You can register as an individual rider (all 3 hours with YOU on that bike and a committed minimum fundraising goal of $300)
You can start a team (up to 3 people riding 1 bike – the team captain deciding who rides when). Remember that a $300 minimum gets you into the event, but the more you fundraise, the better your seat!
You can put together a multi bike team – each bike with up to 3 people and work together to fundraise your total team amount.
If you are dedicated to the challenge – there are roped off VIP bikes with premier seating, chances to rub elbows with celebrities, bigger & better goody bags, and a dedicated (and shorter!) beverage line….PERKS! These bikes require a minimum of $2000 per bike and they go FAST!