EVENT: Pennsylvania Together Walk
EVENT DATE: May 20, 2017
*For step-by-step registration instructions, please CLICK HERE.
Life-altering, chronic pain is REAL, and better treatments are needed TODAY!
It’s time to make fibromyalgia (FM) and chronic pain diseases visible, advocate for better access to care, and encourage and fund research for integrative treatments for FM in Pennsylvania. Held annually across the nation, Together Walks are a global movement to create a world where men, women, children, seniors, and our veterans have access to the pain treatments they need.
Grab a pair of walking shoes, roll up your sleeves, and meet others who want to make a difference in Pennsylvania! The Conquering Fibromyalgia Together Support Group, in partnership with the National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association, invites you to participate in the Pennsylvania Together Walk!
You can change how FM is perceived, treated, and researched. Simply join this community event and invite your family, friends, neighbors, colleagues, healthcare providers, and elected officials to come stroll, walk, learn, meet others, and fund FM research at the Together Walk on May 20! We can’t wait to meet you.
Together we make a difference and make fibromyalgia visible.
The Conquering Fibromyalgia Together Support Group thanks you for your support. If you are interested in getting involved, sponsoring, or volunteering with the Together Walk, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up to volunteer at the Pennsylvania Together Walk, please CLICK HERE.
Can you imagine what can be done together when there is a walk in every state and across the globe? If you are interested in hosting a Together Walk in 2017, please contact the NFMCPA at email@example.com.
A HUGE thank you to our sponsors…
DARCY F. ZAHN SWIMMING POOL SERVICE & REPAIR
CONQUERING FIBROMYALGIA TOGETHER SUPPORT GROUP
ROCKING THE VALLEY INTERNET RADIO
ST LUKE'S OMS
ADAMS OUTDOOR ADVERTISING
For more information, please visit togetherwalks.org
What impact can YOU make through Together Walks?
- Raise FM awareness by educating local communities and political leaders about this condition
- Alleviate stigmatization of people suffering with FM and chronic pain diseases
- Create more pilot research funding, especially in the field of effective integrative treatments and new exploration in areas such as small fiber neuropathy, cervical cord compression, and myofascial release which promises new treatments
- Increase support by providing local, accessible resources and information for daily living to patients
- Promote awareness of the ramifications, including financial consequences, of chronic pain to the public, legislators, medical community and government agencies
What is fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a life-altering condition affecting 2-4% of women, men and children of all backgrounds worldwide to suffer. (That’s 10 million Americans alone.) The disorder can strike suddenly or occur as a gradual increase in symptoms, indicating changes in the central nervous system (neuroplasticity). Sensory information (such as light, sound, and touch) becomes amplified by the CNS, causing the brain to respond with increasing pain and symptoms. FM severity waxes and wanes; often increases over time; and may become disabling.