Carmen Duncan wrote -Dance TODAY. Change TOMORROW!
The Dancing with the stars Dance-A-Thon is in an event in celebrartion of Global Youth Service Day (www.gysd.org), an international campaign that celebrates and mobilizes young people who improve communities every day. Click here to see last year's event.
Mission Accomplished was established in 2012 as a response to the un/underemployment of high school and college graduates. With the business community's high demand for a skilled, trained and professionally polished workforce, we knew it was the perfect time to take action. We quickly evolved into an organization missioned to prepare aspiring young professionals. Ages 13-24, for the global economy, by providing access to coaching, job training and professional development.
The Dancing with the Stars Dance-A-Thon is purposed to engage the community in dancing for a cause!
The event is a 7 hour dance extravaganza that asks stars of the community to dance with community members to raise funds to help support our job training and coaching programs for aspiring young professionals who are experiencing un/underemployment and are struggling to enter the job market prepared.
This event will be held 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. on Saturday, April 18th during Global Youth Service Day (GYSD). Registration begins at 111 a.m. The dancing begins at 12 p.m.
The audience will dance for 7 hours to help us raise funds. If you invest $25 or more we will give you a ticket to the event. Please contact us at 518-207-0209 for the promo code then click here to register.
The funds will help us to continue supporting aspiring young professionals with:
1. Developing and achieving goals
2. Strengthening the existing skills they already have,and apply them to the workforce and everyday life
3. Preparing themselves for the transition into the global workforce and adult life
4. Identifying internship sites that assist them with strengthening their employability skills (we pair them with internships)
5. Developing relationships with professionals who will mentor them through the work and life transition process (we pair them with mentors).
6. purchase supplies for coaching sessions. We need items such as laptops, padfolios, professional attire (provided to prepare individuals for professional commitments, such as interviews), messenger bags (aka laptop bags), binders for professional portfolios, journals, and t-shirts.
7. Hire young professionals as staff to assure we always meet the needs of our population
8. AND fund our scholarship program to assure economically disadvantaged young people are given an opportunity to participate in our programs and services
1st Prize Fundraiser: The 2015 Mission Sustainer award will be named after the star who raises the most money. This award will be presented at our annual Train for Success Honorary Celebration.
2nd Prize Fundraiser: A scholarship for the Seeking, Getting and Keeping the Job Series will be named after the star who is second at raising the most amount of funds. This series is offered throughout the year. Click here to learn more about the series.
3rd Prize: A date night package - Dinner and a movie