Kids Play International, Inc. wrote -
Promotion: Donate or raise at least $50 from 11/17 at 9am ET to 11/23 at 11:59pm ET and you'll be entered for a chance to Win an Official 2014 Sochi Team USA Swag Bag. See below for rules.
In the spirit of the upcoming winter season, Kids Play International Founder and 3x Olympian, Tracy Evans, DARED Actress and TV host Amy Paffrath, to go flying down the 2002 Olympic Bobsled track in Park City, UT, for the ride of her life - all to benefit Kids Play International!
Join Amy to help KPI raise $15,000 for our #Dare4Charity by Wednesday, December 17th to help begin to build the Field of Opportunity and establish our Dream Big Community Field House in the rural village of Gatagara, Rwanda.
WEEKLY PRIZE: Donate or fundraise a minimum of $50 between 11/17 and 11/23 and you will be entered into a drawing to win an official 2014 Sochi Team USA Shoulder Bag with additional Olympic swag inside!
Once we reach $10,000 Amy will be cleared to fly down the Olympic Bobsled track in Park CIty, UT!
Amy's love of children and involvement with many children's charities drew her to KPI. She strongly believes in gender equality and teaching young people the Olympic values of excellence, friendship and fair play. Amy is also a daredevil and is excited to speed down a bobsled course, all for the sake of doing good.
Last year, thanks to our Olympic ambassadors and KPI friends and supporters we successfully raised over $12,000 to purchase land for our Field of Opportunity. This year, our goal is to raise $15,000 to start building the field and establish our Dream Big Community Field House in the rural village of Gatagara, Rwanda.
Funds raised will also enable KPI to provide tutoring, coaches trainings, and educational workshops to further benefit the community at large, and will serve as a safe space for ongoing learning opportunities for our Let’s Play Fair participants, coaches, and the greater community.
WHO WILL WIN:The impact in this rural area is enormous; upwards of 10,000+ children and their families will be engaged including those currently participating in our programs:
- Over 100+ children who directly participate in our Let's Play Fair program
- Over 3,000+ youth and adults in our Kids Play Community programs
- Over 7,000+ children from our 3 partner schools
THE NEED: Creating and maintaining a multi-sport field and field house is a top priority because current conditions are:
- Unsafe. Not centrally located for the kids coming from the three surrounding schools, making it difficult for some of the kids to arrive on time and to get home safely before it is dark
- Under-utilized. Shared with the community and does not allow for a consistent programming schedule to occur
- Dangerous. Not a safe field to conduct a sports program; it has uneven terrain, tall grass that hides dangerous holes and during the rainy season has standing water, which attracts mosquitos that can carry malaria.
THE IMPACT: By building a dedicated, centrally-located, level and safe field and field house KPI will empower over 10,000 + youth and adults to:
- Run more consistent and productive programs
- Enhance a “safe space” among participants (both physically and emotionally)
- Create more opportunities for community involvement
- Host invitational tournaments with other surrounding villages
With these facilities in place not only will it provide a safe space for the children in KPI's programs and community to play and learn, but it will also be a hub for hosting local tournaments and activities for many surrounding villages.