One Acre Café is located at 603 West Walnut Street in downtown Johnson City, TN. The café was established to further address the escalating issues of hunger and food insecurity in our community.
One Acre Café offers our community healthy and nutritious food in a warm and inviting space. There are suggested donations for those who can pay or pay it forward and the ability to volunteer in exchange for a meal for those who cannot. Our café offers a passionate, skilled chef who works with local farmers to produce amazing cuisine.
… is to see all of our community members, regardless of their means, dining together and supporting one another in building the strength and health of our community.
For more information see http://www.oneacrecafe.org
In the last five years, Swim for Them participants have raised over $92,000 in support of causes they love. What do you care about? Who do you love? Help us help them!
How it works:
- Swimmers register for the 6th Annual Swim for Them, to be held on August 29, 2015 at the Kingsport Aquatic Center. Event distances range from 500 yards (20 lengths) to 10 km (440 lengths).
- Immediately following registration, swimmers set up their own fundraising pages for the charity or cause of their choice.*
- Swimmers train for their event distance between now and August 29.**
- During the training period, swimmers promote their causes and fundraisers among family, friends, and colleagues, who will hopefully join forces to show love and support to their favorite swimmer.
- On Friday, August 28, swimmers and guests gather at Bays Mountain for an evening of fellowship, celebration, and carb-loading. That means food!
- On Saturday, August 29, we swim!
- Charities and causes receive awareness and support. Swimmers receive the satisfaction of helping make the world a better place. It's that simple.
So, are you ready to help the cause you love through your swimming? Register for Swim for Them 2015!