Climbing For ROMP - A special initiative for the Range Of Motion Project
We are climbing to create change.
We are climbing to promote mobility for all individuals regardless of financial ability.
We are climbing for ROMP!
ROMP is a global non-profit/for-impact healthcare organization dedicated to providing prosthetic and orthotic care to those without access to these services. ROMP believes that prosthetic limbs and orthotic braces are not simply medical devices, but instruments of personal empowerment. Individuals are not disabled because of a missing limb, but rather a missing prosthesis.
Join us as we attempt to climb 10 mountains in 10 worldwide locations on July 26th, 2015. We are asking individuals to use their abilities to create mobility for others. These climbs also celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and aim to raise $50,000 to provide prosthetics to those that need them most.
These climbs are for people of all skill level and physical condition, including individuals with disabilities. Click on a climb below for more information, or start your own climb. Whether you are climbing 14,000 feet or 500 feet, climbing on July 26th or January 26th, we will support your efforts. This is about solidarity and mobility. We will provide you with the marketing materials to get started. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
These are some ways in which your donation can help a patient in need of prosthetic care:
- $25 - Materials for a custom plastic below the knee prosthetic socket
- $50 - Materials for a custom carbon fiber below the knee prosthetic socket
- $75 - Materials for a plastic above knee prosthetic socket
- $100 - Materials for a carbon fiber above the knee prosthetic socket
- $250 - New or replacement silicone liner
- $500 - Full Prosthesis (leg or arm)
- $1000 - High impact foot or knee