BENEFITING: DAVIS CITIZENS' COALITION AGAINST VIOLENCE
ORGANIZER: DAVIS CITIZENS' COALITION AGAINST VIOLENCE
EVENT: Purple Purse Challenge 2015
DAVIS CITIZENS' COALITION AGAINST VIOLENCE wrote -
Last year your support helped us nail our goal to raise $5,000 for domestic violence survivor services in Davis County, Utah. This year we're upping the ante to $7,500 in support of the first and ONLY domestic violence service organization in Davis County.
In the last fiscal year (14/15) our number of shelter days went up almost 30% to 15,717 days of shelter provided to women, children, and men fleeing domestic violence. This increasing need for services also requires additional funding to keep the services free. Safe Harbor is the third busiest shelter in Utah.
We hope you will get involved in our fundraiser and help spread the word about Safe Harbor and the need in our community!
How you can help:
1) Become a team leader and share this fundraiser on your social network to raise awareness and funds!
2) Donate to the cause! Just click the link!
3) Share this fundraiser on your page!
4) Get involved! If you can't afford to donate, please give us a call 801-444-3191 and find out about volunteering or starting a supplies drive or leading a campaign to drive traffic to this page!
5) Make an in-kind gift (like a gift card) that we can use as a prize to drive donations!
Any way you can help is appreciated!
Our Vision: All individuals empowered to choose a life free of violence.
Our Mission: Safe Harbor, a non-profit organization, provides shelter, supportive services and advocacy to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault, as well as education, awareness and resources to our community.
Safe Harbor operates with these values:
- Everyone has a right to a safe, self-determined life free of violence.
- Safe Harbor Crisis Center treats each person as an individual providing a safe place to heal and services that will help them leave better than they came.
- Interpersonal violence affects everyone.
- There is an intergenerational cycle of violence we must address with intervention, education, and community awareness. Children from violent homes experience trauma that can have a lifelong impact.
- Domestic and sexual violence are about power and control.
- Safe Harbor Crisis Center strives to create a community where violence and abuse are not tolerated.
Domestic violence is a threat to society and families and you're donation helps end this trend, one family at a time. We look forward to raising awareness and valuable funds to support domestic violence survivors and child witnesses to domestic violence!