BENEFITING: DAY ONE NEW YORK INC
EVENT DATE: Jun 30, 2015
1 in 3 youth report experiencing some type of abuse in a dating relationship (physical, verbal, emotional mental, or sexual). Click here to hear one survivor's story.
In honor of Mother's Day and Father's Day, we hope you will help meet the practical and immediate needs of young families by supporting survivors of dating violence who receive counseling or legal assistance.
Your generous donation helps cover:
- Relocation expenses for survivors escaping abuse
- Legal fees for immigration status that will enable young survivors to become self-supporting
- Food, clothing and toiletries for survivors who are homeless or were forced to leave an abuser without resources
- Costs to serve court papers on an abuser to obtain an order of protection
- Transportation to and from court or Day One for counseling
Day One partners with New York City youth to end dating abuse and domestic violence through community education, supportive services, legal advocacy and leadership development. Day One raises awareness among youth of the warning signs of abuse so they can identify and maintain safe partnerships throughout their lives.
Thank you for your support!
*Anything above our $5,000 goal will support our preventive education and direct services