BENEFITING: Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bay Area
EVENT DATE: May 31, 2015
Help support Big Brothers and Big Sisters at the 2nd Annual Coasting for Kids’ Sake walkathon!
In 2014, a group of friends with a passion for youth mentorship set out to raise funds and awareness by conquering the coastline of San Francisco, from Lands End to Crissy Field. We’re gearing up for another great event, aiming to build off of last year’s success and have BIG fun while doing it. Our walkers, including current Big Brothers and Big Sisters, will unite with one common passion: serving at-risk youth.
Join supporters from throughout the Bay Area as we walk and raise funds to help create and support the transformative mentoring relationships between Bigs and their Littles. Some data about the “Littles” participating in our program:
- 96% are less likely to resort to violence to solve conflicts
- 74% improve their future outlook
- 50% are less likely to use drugs than their
- 100% improve their grades
Quick Facts on the Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bay Area:
- Currently serving nearly 1,000 Bay Area kids, with a goal to grow to over 2,000.
- Over 700 Bay Area kids are currently on our waiting list.
- It costs $2500 to start a match and $1500 a year to maintain one. Funds raised enable our professionally trained staff to put Big/Little matches together, provide support to Little families, train Bigs, and manage matches within their network.
- Visit us at www.bbbsba.org for more information.