In 2007, I helped produce a Jewish holiday event that grew into an organization called Wilderness Torah. Helping to start and grow this organization is one of the things that I am most proud of. The work Wilderness Torah does has the power to change the world -- and that change has never been more important.
Wilderness Torah reconnects people to the natural world, to their community, and to themselves. It does this through:
- Multi-generational holiday retreats in nature like Passover in the Desert and Sukkot on the Farm,
- Ground-breaking K-12, mentorship-based outdoor education,
- Programming to empower young-adults to create their own Jewish experiences,
- Outdoor, musical celebrations of Shabbat on a farm
- Teaching in national and international venues
- And, a new international Training Institute that transfers these innovative models to leaders from around the world!
Wilderness Torah creates powerful experiences that reconnect people of all backgrounds to Jewish rituals in a way that exposes the ancient, land-based wisdom of this tradition. Such wisdom and practices are desperately needed today and Wilderness Torah has proven its ability to reach engage people of all ages and many different backgrounds.
Please help me raise the funds necessary to keep Wilderness Torah growing and reaching new people and communities. Wilderness Torah raises 70% of their budget through fundraising each year and your improves access for young adults, lower-income families, and elders with limited resources.
Your donation to support this work today means so much to me. Thank you!