BENEFITING: CHICAGO YOUTH SHAKESPEARE
ORGANIZER: CHICAGO YOUTH SHAKESPEARE
EVENT: Battle of the Bard
EVENT DATE: Nov 14, 2016
CHICAGO YOUTH SHAKESPEARE wrote -
Welcome to Deerfield High School's team page for Battle of the Bard 2015! By sponsoring our team in this event, you are helping us raise funds for arts programming and resources at Vaughn Occupational High School, located at 4355 North Linder Avenue in Chicago's Portage Park community.
Here's how it works:
· Participating schools get awesome folks like you to sponsor their team in Battle of the Bard.
· Chicago Youth Shakespeare (CYS) collects the funds raised by each school team, but they don’t keep any of the money.
· After the campaign ends on May 5, CYS sends a check back to each school team's fundraiser for the FULL AMOUNT they collected.
· The team from Deerfield High School will use the sponsorship dollars we raise to provide resources for arts programming at Vaughn Occupational High School.
Other cool stuff you should know:
· CYS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which means your donation is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.
· Teams collect the funds they've raised whether they’ve reached their goal (which would be amazing), or not (which would still be awesome).
· The highest scoring team at the BOTB Finals on May 5 will win $1,000 to add to their school fundraising goal, so show your support by sponsoring our team!
Quickest heads up: all donations made online will automatically have processing fees taken out of them–at no extra cost to you. Donating through this website is simple, fast, and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to support our team's fundraising efforts.
Thank you for supporting the team from Deerfield High School in Battle of the Bard 2015, and please don't forget to forward this to anyone who you think might want to donate too!
- The Team at DHS
About Battle of the Bard 2015
Battle of the Bard (BOTB) is a slam-style Shakespeare showcase created for student teams from public, private and parochial high schools throughout Chicago and the metropolitan area. Chicago Shakespeare Theater and Chicago Youth Shakespeare are committed to teaching and learning Shakespeare through active engagement and through performance. As an area–wide series of events, Battle of the Bard is designed to build community across geographic, demographic and cultural boundaries through performance, team spirit and friendly competition.
About Team Sponsorship
Battle of the Bard encourages students to give back to their school and to the larger community by giving every team the opportunity to raise sponsorship dollars through their participation in the program. All sponsorship dollars raised by BOTB school teams go directly back to their school to support arts programming and resources. Or, teams may opt instead to raise funds in support of a school identified by the CPS Department of Arts Education as one currently prepared to expand its art programming with additional funding.
All thirty Battle of the Bard high school teams will participate in one of two Preliminary Bouts with a total of fifteen teams at each. The top five school teams from each Preliminary Bout (ten teams total), will move on to the Battle of the Bard Finals, taking place on the main stage at Chicago Shakespeare Theater on Navy Pier.
Saturday April 11, 2015
Niles North High School (Skokie)
Saturday April 18, 2015
Benito Juarez Community Academy (Chicago's Pilsen community)
Battle of the Bard Finals
Tuesday May 5, 2015
Chicago Shakespeare Theater on Navy Pier